Saturday 10 December 2011

#MyTraining

Just a little recap: I am a new Intern at an MNC where we make and provide support to navigation devices.

Last week we had our training (we: Me n the Girls). Everything was going awesome. We were getting to know about our organization, learning new stuff etc etc etc. You see at the time of training you just think of one thing "When will be the next break". Ok that's not what you think, see its all about being able to know and learn and use the stuff learn. And did we get that opportunity: "NO". So I was busy thinking about the next break "Ah the love of my life my Coffee Machine".

Anyways the training was mandatory so we forcibly had to focus on what trainer was speaking. Most of the the I just heard "Blah blah data" repeatedly, ya we have to deal with a lot of data. Well after the post lunch session we had our coffee break. So we went to enjoy some jokes, and all the shit, I mostly enjoy my coffee and just pretend to listen.

Break's over we went to our conference room 'Ajanta' you know the fancy conference rooms. As I entered, there he was, sitting right there. With no expressions at all. Scary as hell, if I was left alone I would actually pee in my pants. Who was he; our boss. You see generally we except our bosses to be scary but not shit scary. This was shit scary. As I entered he fired a question just like a cowboy would fire a weapon in a gunfight. "Why did the coffee break so long?" That's not the grammatical error, it was his language. You might think its funny then, but trust me its not. As he fired me the question I was ready with my answer, you must know I am pretty good at excuses so I answered "We have to find our coffee mugs." Luckily we were given our personal coffee mugs earlier that day.

As we sat down he fired another question BOOM "What have you learned so far?" I answered "Sir, today we learnt about...." he stopped me before completing my sentence. "I asked you a specific question, when you work with me be specific and listen carefully to what I say." It was an horrifying scene. I felt like somebody had released a tiger from the zoo and I want to run but I can't coz I am tied to a chair right in front of the tiger. I apologized and we continued. That session lasted for an hour. We all were shit scared for that hour so as he left we just looked at each other and vowed for a 5 minute silence. He was like a marine, no mercy kinda guy.

After the session he called us to his booth and handed over a GPS device and asked us to find 'Mutha Towers'. BOOM, "Do you know where is Mutha Tower?" He asked. Well as any sane person would have said no to him even if he knew the answer. But I wasn't sane, I had to answer yes, coz I am good with addresses, I have been living here since a very long time, so you are prone to know the addresses. "Yes" I said. "Then what's the point of taking the GPS device, go find Krishna Restaurant" he blasted. Everyone present there stared at me as if I was a E.T from the movie. But when they started laughing I felt like E.T doing a rap song. But then I realized, I have made a huge mistake by telling him the right answer. Damn it was embarrassing. Anyways I don't care for what people think about me. So we moved on to do the task. It took us an hour to come back. Hell it was tiring.

At last the day was over, so was the week everyone was looking for the weekend ahead. Well that was #MyTraining.

No comments:

Post a Comment