Tuesday 6 December 2011

Lunch is on us

After 4 years of graduation and 2 years of post graduation here I am, "My dream job" (sort of). I woke up early on my 1st day (don't wanna miss that). As I entered the amazing 'Binarius' building (who the hell named the building) I knew that my new life has begun. I didn't had any experience so I didn't know any office ethics apart from smiling and saying 'hello' to everyone (even the men who clean the toilets). I wore my best clothes that day as I had decided to be 'the man' in the office and not a college nerd. We were called in the conference room. Yes 'we', well let me take you back a few weeks.

"Tomtom list is out" Navendu (our honorable professor) said. There were only a few students present in the classroom. I was about to shit in my pants coz if I didn't get this placement offer I was dead (murdered brutally by "LIFE"). I was scared to death as Navendu announced the names. "Shweta, Yogita, Debashree, Tapaleena", I said to myself "FUCK me" repeatedly, "Rishikesh"... Wooohooo I jumped right there and hugged my best friend "Pallav" aka Ezio aka my brother from another mother. Don't worry will tell about him later. And that's how I got selected in Tomtom along with 4 "ladies". 

Back to day 1. We were called in the conference room called "Taj Mahal". ya I know its weird but Tomtom being a navigation company they have to play such crap games to allure everyone. So we were 4 ladies and a guy. Just for passing the time the HR informed us about the company and blah blah blah. It was lunch time, we were very excited. You should know we were informed earlier that the company will be sponsoring us the lunch. We were hoping for some awesome action like Barbeque Nation or Malaka Spice but the 'World leading navigation company' left us with delivered 'pijja' from pizza hut. LAME.

Any ways we were some what enjoying our pizza, ice tea and brownie, suddenly my eyes saw this amazing machine which I couldn't believe. A Cafe Coffee Day Machine in the cafeteria. My heart pounded like a rabbit grabbing a carrot. All my worries went off. I even forgot about the pizza.

Thus my 1st day in the new life ended happily. The days of my life has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment